Francesco Bertoldo, Verona
Simone Cenci, Milan
Iacopo Chiodini, Milan
Alberto Falchetti, Milan
Agostino Gaudio, Catania
Luigi Gennari, Siena
Nicola Napoli, Rome
Andrea Palermo, Rome
Fabio Vescini, Udine
Bo Abrahamsen, Copenaghen - Denmark
John P. Bilezikian, New York - USA
Roger Buillon, Leuven - Belgium
Roberto Civitelli, Saint Louis - USA
Richard Eastell, Sheffield - UK
Andrea Giusti, Genoa - Italy
Stefano Gonnelli, Siena - Italy
Peter Ebeling, Melbourne - Australia
Cristina Eller Vainicher, Milan - Italy
Serge Ferrari, Geneva - Switzerland
Lorenz C. Hofbauer, Dresden - Germany
Sundeep Khosla, Minneapolis - USA
Stavros C. Manolagas, Little Rock - USA
Claudio Marcocci, Pisa - Italy
Gherardo Mazziotti, Milan - Italy
Daniela Merlotti, Siena - Italy
Salvatore Minisola, Rome - Italy
Andrea Palermo, Rome - Italy
Domenico Rendina, Naples - Italy
Alfredo Scillitani, S. Giovanni Rotondo - Italy
Mone Zaidi, New York - USA
Local Organizing Committee
Antonino Belfiore, Catania
Aldo Eugenio Calogero, Catania
Pietro Castellino, Catania
Lucia Frittitta, Catania
Agostino Gaudio, Catania
Francesco Purrello, Catania
Phone +firstname.lastname@example.org - www.symposium.it
Download the first announcement & call for abstracts
Call for abstracts
The Scientific Committee is pleased to invite authors to submit their
abstracts (max 1 page, Arial 11 font) for oral and poster
Abstracts must be submitted using the conference template (download).
Deadline for submission (email@example.com): January 03, 2020.
Continuous education credits
ECM (CME credits)
The meeting will apply for Italian CME credits (provider: Proactiva sas, Agenas No. 1598).
More information will be published as soom as available.
Standard fee: € 200,00 VAT included
Forum BMR members: free admission
The online registration system is now open.
- There will be no penalty for registration cancellations received 90 days before the first day of the meeting. The full amount paid minus a processing fee (20 Euros) and wire transfer or credit card costs will be refunded.
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the full registration fee plus a processing fee (20 Euros) and wire transfer or credit card costs will be applied for cancellations received between 89 to 45 days before the first day of the meeting.
- A cancellation fee of 75% of the full registration fee plus a processing fee (20 Euros) and wire transfer or credit card costs will be applied for cancellations received between 44 to 20 days before the first day of the meeting
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 20 days before the first day of the meeting
- All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the meeting secretariat. Cancellation confirmation will be sent within one week.
- The meeting organising committee and secretariat are not responsible for problems beyond our control such as weather conditions, public order issues, strikes, etc. No refunds will be given in these situations. No reimbursement will be made for late arrival, unused services, unattended events or early departure from the congress.
- The final decision on refunds rests with the meeting organizers.
- All refunds will be made within 30 days after the meeting ending.
When you register for the conference, you will be confirming that you have reviewed and understood this meeting registration refund policy.
Registered meeting participants agree that neither the Organizing Committee nor the meeting Secretariat are liable or assume any responsibility for damage or injuries to persons or property during the congress Participants are advised to arrange for their own health, travel and personal insurances. The congress organization does not cover individuals against cancellation of bookings, theft or damage to belongings.
All best endeavours will be made to present the meeting programme as published. However, the meeting Organizing Committee and the Secretariat reserve the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating directly or indirectly to the meeting, for any cause beyond our reasonable control. The meeting Organizing Committee and the Secretariat are not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration.
Travel and Accommodation
How to get to Catania
The International airport Vincenzo Bellini of Catania Fontanarossa offers daily flights to the major Italian cities and many international destinations. The airport is located about 10 km from the city centre and it is well connected to the conference venue by bus shuttle (stop close to the Mercure Excelsior hotel).
For detailed information on the available flights visit the airport website
The host city
The host city, CATANIA
Catania’s historic core is a Unesco-listed wonder, where black-and-white palazzi tower over sweeping baroque piazzas. One minute you’re scanning the skyline from a dizzying dome, the next perusing contemporary art in an 18th-century convent. Beneath it all are the ancient ruins of a town with over 2700 candles on its birthday cake. Indeed, food is another local forte. This is the home of Sicily's iconic pasta alla Norma and the extraordinary La Pescheria market.
Keeping an eye on it all is Catania's skyscraping frenemy, Mt Etna, a powerful presence that adds another layer of intensity and beauty to Sicily's second-biggest city.
Keep on reading on Catania on https://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/sicily/catania
More info also on https://www.comune.catania.it/la-citta/turismo/
The Sant'Agata Cathedral with the iconic Fontana dell'Elefante - Elephant fountain (www.adobestock.com)
Venue and general information
The meeting wil be held at the Hotel Mercure Excelsior.
This nice hotel is perfectly located in the city centre (Piazza G. Verga 39). It offers well-equipped conference facilities and comfortable rooms.
How to reach the meeting venue
The main hall (photo: https://excelsiorcatania.com/it)
The meeting official language will be English. No simultaneous translation will be provided.